Today I’m pleased to have been nominated for a Liebster Blog Award by T. M. E. Walsh. Thank you!
The Liebster Award is one that recognizes new blogs worth reading (and those with less than 300 followers). Upon acceptance of the award, a blogger must:
1) List 11 random facts about him/herself.
2) Answer the questions that were asked of him/her (by the blogger that nominated him/her).
3) Nominate 11 other blogs for the Liebster Blog Award and link to their blogs.
4) Notify the bloggers of their award.
5) Ask the award winners 11 questions to answer once they accept the award.
So here goes!
11 Random Facts About Me:
1) I can tap dance.
2) I played, amongst other things, a ribbon seller and a tavern wench in a production of the musical ‘Oliver!’
3) I am proud to be born Scottish, but my dad is Polish and my mum English. No actual Scottish blood in me as far as I know!
4) I was early for my wedding (I know, looked too keen).
5) Although my ‘proper’ job is as a driving instructor, I didn’t in fact learn to drive until I was 32.
6) When I was at primary school, it was suggested by my teachers that I write a book (precocious or what?) I was much more interested in being a kid, so it didn’t happen.
7) I am a lifelong Doctor Who fan, I have been watching it as far back as I can remember.
8) I am a crazy cat lady, and proud of it.
9) I will queue all day to get to the front row of rock concerts, even now that I’m 42.
10) I have the triple moon goddess symbol tattooed on my back.
11) I wear eyelash extensions all the time, as my own lashes are basically non-existent.
Here are the questions that were asked of me:
1) Did you always want to be a writer?
I’ve always enjoyed writing ever since I was a kid, and written stuff on and off through the years, but funnily enough I’ve never had that thought of “I want to be a writer!” It just kind of happened organically.
2) Do you plan to self-publish or go the ‘traditional’ route of agent/ publisher?
I’m not sure yet. I’ve heard pros and cons for both. So I shall consider that one carefully when the time comes…
3) Do you sleep on your front, back or side?
Usually on my side.
4) Have you ever had any brushes with fame/met a famous person?
I was a theatre manager for years and then a bookshop manager, so I’ve met a few famous people, including authors. Two of the nicest were comedian/actor Billy Connolly, and author Ian Rankin.
5) Who is your fave author?
Can’t possibly name just one! Diana Gabaldon, Terry Pratchett, and Phil Rickman are the first ones that come to mind.
6) What advice would you give anyone just starting out in the weird and wonderful world of being a writer?
Just write! Get started, write something, jot down every idea. Get to know other writers through the blogsphere and Twitter. I’ve had such great help, advice and encouragement that way.
7) What is you fave film?
I’m so annoying, I can never name just one of anything. Ok…Star Wars.
8) Do you like to work in a quiet or noisy environment?
I guess I prefer quiet, but if I’ve got really into a piece of writing no amount of noise can distract me.
9) Do you have any writing rituals?
Not really…hmm, maybe I should develop some!
10) What is the title of your next book or poem?
My novel has the working title of ‘Fragments’ at the moment. I think my next short story will be called ‘Still Waters’.
11) Give me a short ‘elevator-style’ pitch of your latest work.
Wolves mate for life. Werewolves do too. How does a she-werewolf choose the perfect mate? After all, he’s going to be a man most of the time, and getting a decent one of those is notoriously difficult. He’s got to be good at being a wolf as well. It’s like trying to pick the perfect boyfriend and dog rolled into one – and you can’t take either of them back to the kennels if you’ve got it wrong… Modern dating problems and the undead combine!
Here are my nominees:
And here are the questions for my nominees:
1) What prompted you to start writing/blogging?
2) When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
3) Do you have a set time of the day or week set aside to write/blog?
4) What’s your favourite food?
5) Who is your favourite band or musician?
6) Do you have any pets?
7) Have you ever entered/won a competition, for writing or anything else?
8) Who or what inspires you?
9) What was the last book you read?
10) If you could visit one place anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
11) Sum yourself up in three words.
To all my fellow bloggers and writers, best of luck with whatever you’re working on!